TERMS & CONDITIONS
Terms & conditions - Central heating installation quotation
Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about how we deal with each other when we carry out installation work in your home. If you have any questions, please let us know before you accept the quote.
1. We will carry out the work set out on your quote, for the price that is stated in it, under the following terms and conditions. All prices include VAT at the current rate.
2. Your quote is valid for 14 days and we must begin the work within 30 days of your acceptance. After this time your quote will no longer be valid and you will need to get another quote.
3. The first 12 months of the install will be covered under our company guarantee and workmanship warranty
4. The price we quote does not include the cost of removing any dangerous waste materials, such as asbestos, that we could not reasonably identify when we gave you your quote. You can call a specialist contractor to remove these dangerous materials or we may be able to arrange for them to be removed at an extra cost. When asbestos is removed you will need to produce a ‘site clearance for reoccupation’ certificate, which you can get from the asbestos removal company, before we can continue to work at your property.
5. The price we quote includes removing all non-dangerous materials, including your old boiler and central heating parts we replace.
6. Any time frames we give you are our best estimates and we will do what we can to keep to those time frames. Where there are likely to be delays we will let you know as soon as possible and agree new time frames with you. The time it takes us to complete the work has no effect on the price we quoted you.
7. We may need you to lift carpets or take up all or some other floor coverings, including tongue-and-grooved floor coverings, parquet, hardwood, rubber or tiled floors, so we can complete the work. We will give you as much notice as possible if we need you to do this. You can call a specialist contractor to do this work or we may be able to do it for you at an extra cost. If we do any of this work for you we will only be responsible for any unnecessary damage caused directly by our negligence and it will be your responsibility to put the flooring back once the work is completed.
8. We will take care to carry out the work without causing damage to your property. If we cause unnecessary damage because of negligence we will put it right. Sometimes we have to do extra work if we cannot use existing pipework or wiring to install the boiler, and this can cause damage to things like inside and outside finishing’s (for example, wall coverings and paint). You may need to redecorate, repair or restore certain areas once the work is completed. This is not included in the price we quoted and you will be responsible for this.
9. If you are a tenant, you will need your landlord’s permission before you allow us to start the work, and we may need you to give us evidence that you have got this permission. If we carry out work at the landlord’s property and you have not got permission or have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get your landlord’s permission.
10. If your property is a listed building, it is your responsibility to make sure that you get any permission you need before we start the work, and we will need evidence from you that you have got this permission. If you do not get the permission you need, you may be prosecuted in the criminal courts. We will not be able to start any work if you have not got the appropriate planning permission or if you are unable to give us evidence that you have this permission. If we carry out work at your property and you have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get the permission you needed, which may include court fines and penalties.
11. You will need to have an adequate gas and electricity supply to your property before we can start the work. We can put you in touch with a gas or electricity distribution company to arrange this if you need us to.
12. Where we have connected new equipment to your existing system, we cannot accept responsibility for the cost of repairing or replacing parts of your existing system that later develop faults, unless we have been negligent in not realizing that this damage to your existing system would happen or unless the way we carried out the work was negligent and this caused the fault.
13. We will test your water supply pressure before we start work. As water supply rates can change, we cannot be responsible for your central heating system failing to work properly because your water supply becomes inadequate or keeps changing, unless we were negligent in how we tested your water pressure.
14. We cannot be responsible if we cannot meet our responsibilities because of things beyond our control including, for example, poor weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes that we are not directly involved in or if we find that species (for example bats, birds, butterflies and dormice) or plants that could be subject to special protection are found to be present in your property.
15. To carry out the work as quickly as possible, we may use one of our approved installers. All installers that we use are fully qualified and Gas Safe registered, and they all carry identity cards.
16. You must pay the deposit shown on your quote when you accept the quote. You must pay the quoted price for the work when we have finished the installation unless you have signed a credit agreement. If your credit agreement ends for whatever reason under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, you must pay the rest of the quoted price to us immediately, instead of to the finance company.
17. At the end of each 12 month period, the boiler must be serviced by a Gas Safe registered engineer. Should this condition not be met the boiler guarantee will not be valid.
18. Your Cancellation Rights.
You can cancel this agreement up to 14 days after the day any goods are delivered. This is called your ‘cooling off’ period. By signing the quotation you’ve agreed that we can start work before your cooling off period ends. If you cancel your agreement after work has started, we will charge you our reasonable costs for: any work already carried out, or any goods already installed into your property
You won’t be able to cancel once work is fully completed or the goods have been installed into your property. We can deduct our costs from any deposit you’ve paid or bill you for them.
If you have signed a credit agreement which relates to this agreement, your credit agreement will be automatically cancelled if this agreement is cancelled.
If you wish to cancel, please email us in writing to [email protected]
All materials and parts provided by us are guaranteed for one year from the date we fit them. This does not affect the rights you have by law.
Within this one year period, if the materials or parts develop a fault then we will repair or replace them free of charge. If our work is faulty, we will do the work again free of charge. Our work is guaranteed for one year from the date that we
22. Using personal information
We or our agents and our partners.
Provide you with the services you have asked for (which may include loyalty and incentive schemes we may run from time to time).
Offer you accounts, services and products from us and our partners. To help us make these offers we may use an automatic scoring system.
Help run, and contact you about improving the way we run any accounts, services and products we have provided in the past, we are providing now, or may provide in the future.
Create statistics, test computer systems, analyze customer information, create profiles and create marketing opportunities (including using information about what you buy from us and how you pay for it and other British Gas products you hold).
Help maintain your, and the members of your family or households', health, safety and security.
As part of the process of selling one or more of our businesses.
If we have been asked (for example by of gem or a lawyer) to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes.
As part of current or future legal action.
As part of government data-sharing initiatives, for example, those designed to help stop fuel poverty (where people cannot afford to pay for heating and electricity).
To help manage any loyalty or rewards schemes.
If you hold an insurance policy with us, to pass information to an insurer to manage your insurance policy (including underwriting and claims, to help develop new services and to assess financial and insurance risk).
If you do not pay your debt, we may transfer your debt to another organization and give them details about you.
Help train our staff.
We may also monitor and record any communication we have with you, including phone conversations and emails, to make sure that we are providing a good service and meeting our regulatory and legal responsibilities.
When we contact you, we may use any information we hold about you to do so. As a result we may contact you by email, phone, text message or other forms of electronic communications (such as using smart meters) or by visiting you. If we are contacting you to tell you about any offers, we will, as far as possible, do this in line with your preference of communication with us for marketing purposes. You can ask us not to send you any information on our offers at any time by contacting us and giving us your account details.
We may check your details with one or more credit-reference and fraud prevention agencies to help us make decisions about your capacity to pay your bills.
If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm you have given them the information set out in this document, and that they have given permission for us to use their personal information in the way we have described in this section. If you give us sensitive information about yourself or other people (such as health details or details of any criminal convictions of members of your household), you agree (and confirm that the person the information is about has agreed) that we can use this information in the way set out in this document.
You are entitled to have a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccurate information corrected. We may charge a small fee for providing a copy of any information we hold about you. For more information about this, please contact our Privacy Team at: [email protected]